Sunday, December 31, 2017

Self-Reflect: Overeating

Overeating?....its time to self-reflect.

I know it is the holidays and there is a lot of food. But, this time, I ate more food than I planned on.
I am the curious kind that likes to try a little bit of everything. But this was a different type of curiosity. I would eat large portions of food. Even, when I was not hungry and really full!

Realizing the irony of the situation, I took the time to reflect back on myself, and become aware of where this insatiability, and unaccounted craving came from.

Looking deep within me, I realized there were things I was scared, unhappy, and anxious of. And, rather than addressing the root cause I would stuff myself with self inflicting guilt. Guilt, that would send me into a cycle of promoting unhealthy habits, such as overeating.


Awareness and identification of a thought/emotional pattern is the first step to breaking a bad habit. For this reason, the next time you overeat, take the time to reflect. Now that doesn't mean you won't eat another slice of cheesecake, but you'll be more aware of where the need to indulge comes from. Thus, making it a logical conscious decision, rather than an emotional subconscious one.


How do you prevent overeating during the holidays?




#overeating #holidayovereating #awareness #Healthystrongbeautiful  #thrive #optimism #lifeperspective #awareness #healthpromotion #diseaseprevention #wholistichealth #healthyliving #selfcare

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to declutter and organize your house

Is your house a mess? Are you wanting to put your house in order, yet just don’t know where to start? If so, the KonMari method might be for...