Wednesday, September 6, 2017

New nurse: Job Rejection Sucks



For those of you who don't know. I graduated this year with my bachelors in Nursing. Its been 3 months now that I have been actively looking for a job, and I'm still unemployed. Its hard.

You finish school full of life, motivation, and plans for the future that....when it takes you this long, and get these many rejections....you start losing hope. Questions like, "Am I good enough? Why are people not hiring me, do I suck? Will I ever find a good/stable job?" all run through your mind.


Its tough being unemployed.

The feelings accompanying unemployment, suck. Yet, we have to be aware of what our mind does during this time, and where it puts its focus on. Its important to actively turn our minds to the possibilities/opportunities, and not focus on our loses. I understand that it is easier said than done. Being the optimist I am, maybe we can join together with an undefeated mindset and hope for our future. What do we have to lose?

I believe hope is one of the biggest things we have to help combat the feelings of helplessness that come with unemployment and rejection.

To help combat these feelings I personally like to read books, spend time with my family, catch up with friends I haven't spoken to in ages, exercise, and find time to take care of myself.


What do you do to combat the feelings that come with unemployment and rejection?



#Healthystrongbeautiful  #thrive  #awareness #healthpromotion #diseaseprevention #wholistichealth #healthyliving #optimism #lifeperspective #nurseadvice #nurseorientation #Newnurse #nurseresources #nursingjob #nursesrock #nurseslife #nurseproblems #nursing #nurse #rnchat #healthcare #hcr #healthpromotion #nursescrubs

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to declutter and organize your house

Is your house a mess? Are you wanting to put your house in order, yet just don’t know where to start? If so, the KonMari method might be for...