Sunday, October 8, 2017

Feeling sick: cold/flu

I can't say I'm the kind of person who gets sick very often. Yet, when I do, there are several things that help me get through it. 

I came home this weekend with a sore throat, chills, muscle aches, headache, and fatigue. I put my warm pants, socks, sweater and hat on, and rushed under the blanket. All I wanted to do was to lay in bed and wish all the pain away. If only it was that easy....

My husband bought me some antioxidant and vitamin rich foods that I love to eat when I am sick: blueberries, raspberries, oranges, smoothie, and Emergen-C Vitamin C. I would gobble the foods up intermittently, as I rested in my husband’s hands hoping the pain to go away. After tossing and turning for several minutes, I had fallen asleep. 

Upon awakening, I felt much better, yet still weak and sick. My throat felt much better and my muscle aches went away, yet I was congested and fatigued. It was good to see improvement. I took my Vicks Sinus inhaler to further speed the process of decongestion. 

My advice when you get the flu or a cold is to find time to rest your body. Listen to what your body is telling you, and let it rest. Drink plenty of fluids and eat up on antioxidant, and vitamin (especially vitamin C) rich foods. And, don’t underestimate the power of a loving embrace. Allow yourself time to recuperate, and to restore. Trust me, your body is going to love you for it. As for me, I still have some resting to do, yet the more I listen to my body's signals the better and better I get. 


What do you do to help you when you are feeling sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to declutter and organize your house

Is your house a mess? Are you wanting to put your house in order, yet just don’t know where to start? If so, the KonMari method might be for...